Dr Gin Wong
Dr Gin Wong has been serving the Glendowie dental community and its surrounding neighbourhood since 2006. Gin was born in Malaysia and in 1992, when he was 16 years old, Gin and his parents immigrated to New Zealand. Gin studied at the Otago University School of dentistry and gained a credit excellence for his degree. After graduating from Otago University he started to work with New Zealand army corps in Palmerston North. In 2006 Gin moved to Auckland and purchased his lifelong dream, his very own dental practice.
Gin is a family man with two sons born in New Zealand and his wife Anna, originally from Taiwan, who assists Gin in the management side of the practice.
Dr Gin Wong likes to assure you he is always providing a comprehensive diagnosis and plan when you visit him. Patients feel at ease with him and enjoy his caring, gentleness and empathy. An added bonus is that Gin, having grown up in Malaysia and having studied in New Zealand, is multilingual so is able to assure many non-English speaking patients what dental procedures they may need.
‘I am very passionate about my work. I love my job and enjoy getting to know all my patients. Some of my patients become friends and most of them become part of my big dental family. I am grateful to be able to serve my neighbourhood with empathy and compassion.’
Dr Gin Wong is interested in all aspects of dentistry and participates in on-going study programmes, seminars and conferences, travelling extensively around the world to improve his knowledge and techniques. Gin is not only practicing in general dentistry but he is also has huge interest in orthodontics. Gin is very experience in Fastbraces and Invisalign orthodontic treatment. His patients are really appreciative of his confidence and delivery of a high standard of care and quality work.
Listed below are some Dr Gin Wong achievements:
- Passed primary exam of FRACDS
- Senior Master provider of Fastbraces
- Member of Invisalign system
- Clear Correct clear aligner provider
- Certificate in implants prosthesis
- Certificate in intravenous conscious sedation
- Certificate in Orthodontics for General Dentists
- Certificate of completion All-On-4 Mentor Programme
- Certificate of attendance in Advance non-surgical Endodontic techniques
- Member of New Zealand Dental association
- Member of New Zealand Dental Council
- Member of New Zealand Dental Orthodontic Society
- Member of International Association Orthodontics
- Member of Dental Protection Society
- Member of Minimal Invasive Society
- Member of Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry